Chassis come in various sizes and configurations. We have some of the more popular sizes for sale in most ports. Some rental chassis are available on a limited basis in Tampa and Long Beach, other locations soon.
Container Chassis is designed and built according to Association of American Railroads (AAR), Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS), International Standards Organization (ISO), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Department of Transportation (DOT), American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), and Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) standards. The container chassis frame and main fabricated parts are made from high strength low alloy steel ASTM A572 Grade 50, having a minimum yield point of 50,000 PSI or higher. Some of the standard components include 10x20 tires on 5 spoke wheels, spring suspension, antilock braking system (ABS), and two-speed landing legs. Lots of available upgrades from radials and air rides to paint color.Chassis can be stacked for power only transport
Common Container Chassis Trailers come in:
20-40ft Flip up 12 pin Chassis 40ft Chassis Length 40' 10"40ft Slider Chassis 40-45ft53ft Chassis *some limited access
20-40 Tri-Axle City Combo Chassis
20 ft Container Chassis
- Maximum Loaded Weight 29.500 kg
- Net Weight (approx.) 2.820 kg
- Payload (approx.) 26.680 kg
- Brakes Wabco ABS 2S / 2M - Double circuit brake system according to EC
- Axles SAF - 2 x 9 ton axles with air suspension. Drum brakes.
- Tres 4 x 385/65 R 22.5
- Electrical System 2 x 7 + 15 Pin Sockets
- Landing Gear 24 Ton Mechanical Landing Gear
- Rear Under run Protection Device Steel type rear under run protection device according to EEC.
- Chassis Made of high tensile steel.
- 4 Container Locks - Twist lock type
- Accessories Side under run protection according to EC Directives; wheel chocks and holders, rear ramp buffers, half type mudguards, toolbox, spare wheel carrier
- Color Chassis: RAL 9005 Black
40ft Container Chassis
- 40 Foot Chassis Specifications:
- Length: 40’-10”
- Width: 96”
- King Pin Location: 30” from rear face of front bolster
- Coupler Height: 48”
- Tare Weight: 6,600 lbs
- Main Rails: Two hot rolled structural steel, ASTM-A572 Grade 50 “I” beams. Wide flange 12” in depth 19 lbs/ft.
- Landing Gear: Two-speed mechanism and square leg tubing with 10” x 10” low profile sand shoes
- Suspension: Hutch with Three Leaf Springs (11,000 lb capacity each)
- Axles: Two axles of 5” round and 22,500 lb beam capacity each; 16.5 x 7-inch Q brakes; automatic type slack adjusters
- Brake System: Meritor Wabco 2S/1M Anti-lock Braking System; 30/30 Spring brake chambers
- Tires / Wheels 10.00 x 20 tires on 5 spoke wheels
- Electrical: 12 Volt with plug type connectors, 7-way plug, sealed wire harnesses and lights
- Twist Locks: Cast steel to engage ISO corner castings
- Paint: Commercial sandblast, primer, and high quality paint system
- DOT Standard Conspicuity Tape, Bumper, 24 x 30 Mud Flaps
- Color RAL 9005 Black.
- Meets all DOT, TOFC, AAR, FMVSS, ANSI, SAE and TTMA specifications in effect at the time of chassis manufacture and applicable to operation in the United States.
Request a quote via the button or call or Call 800-381-4684
intermodal, container chassis, slider chassis, trailers, flip-up chassis,